2019 Fall into Health is right around the corner! Make plans to join us at the annual Fall into Health event. This is a FREE community health event put on by Stevens Community Medical Center, but it takes a village to put this event together and SCMC is proud to have the opportunity to work closely with many area businesses, committees and individuals to feature a diverse, fun-filled health event for people of all ages. New this year breakout sessions all health-focused and packed full of great content!
This years Fall into Health event will include:
• Community Meal, this year it's an old-fashioned feast! Delicious, locally-sourced foods.
• Free Lab Draws by SCMC lab professionals. Also including Vitamin D again this year, which is perfect timing moving into the winter months!
• Also this year there will be Flu Shots available! Thanks to one of our community partners, Thrifty White Pharmacy, we are excited to provide this service during the event from 5-6:30pm. Please bring your insurance card. If paying cash cost is $39.99.'
• As always we will have Informational Booths on all things health with some SCMC department but many from the community too!
• AND NEW this year Breakout sessions! 4 different sessions at 5:30, 6:00, 6:30 and 7:00. Topics include:
1. Mental Health-What is Therapy? Taking off the mask of therapy. Presented by Karla Sundheim & Julain Reyman, two of SCMC licensed family & marriage therapists.
2. Skin Health-Skin Cancer Prevention & the importance of full-body skin checks. Intro on PDT/Blue Light Therapy. Presentation by Dermatology Nurse Practitioner, Risa Dorweiler
3. Genetic Cancer Screening- Is hereditary cancer screening right for you? We are excited to offer education on hereditary cancer, including family history screening and genetic testing options to those who meet criteria from Myriad MyRisk. At this event, Nurse practitioner Kayla Bowers will be on-site to evaluate the personal and family histories of participating patients and offer genetic testing to those that meet criteria. If you are interested in learning more about this and seeing if you meet criteria to do testing, make sure to bring your medical insurance card to the event.
4. Connecting the dots between lifestyle & disease. Join Registered Dietitian Ashley Denton as she helps connect the dots between lifestyle and disease. Ashley will also be preparing one of her favorite fall dishes for you to sample with a live food demo!
There will be free childcare available for ages 1-10 from 6:30-7:30 pm, provided by Morris Area ECFE.
Together we can make our community a healthier place.