Making smart food choices is important whether you have a specific medical condition or are working on living a healthier lifestyle. Nutrition Therapy at SCMC takes an individualized approach to assist with the following conditions:
- Adult weight problems – obesity, eating disorders
- Childhood weight problems – excessive weight gain or failure to gain adequate weight
- Pregnancy and related complications – gestational diabetes, breast feeding support
- Food allergies – including gluten and lactose
- Cardiovascular disorders – high blood pressure, congestive heart disease, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, coronary artery disease
- Cancer, chemotherapy, and radiation related complications
- Gastrointestinal disorders – including reflux, ulcers, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome
- Kidney disease
- Other disorders and conditions
Nutrition therapy is available with or without a referral from your physician.
Renew Weight Management Program
SCMC offers a 3-month interactive program to anybody interested in weight loss, weight maintenance, or simply learning about a healthy lifestyle. This includes eight 1.5 hour group sessions held in the multi-purpose room at SCMC. Program benefits include:
- Individualized meal plan developed by registered dietitian
- Health Journal
- Exercise demonstrations for all activity levels
- The latest science-based nutrition information
- Recommendations on using technology for weight management
- Samples of easy-to-make healthy recipes
- And more!
For more information contact Alyssa at 320-589-1313 or email@example.com.
It is highly recommended to check with your insurance provider regarding coverage for nutrition therapy prior to your first visit.
Alyssa Thooft, RD, LD
Alyssa Thooft, RD, LD is a graduate of North Dakota State University with a BS in Dietetics and a BS in Health Communication. She completed her dietetic internships with Fargo Dialysis and Clay County MN Women, Infants, and Children Program.
Alyssa grew up on a farm near Larimore North Dakota. She currently lives in Cyrus with her husband Travis, who was raised in the Morris area. Alyssa enjoys living and practicing dietetics in a small community. When she is not helping people make smart food choices, she is working on projects at home, volunteering at church, experimenting with new recipes, or enjoying a run or bike ride.
Make an Appointment
"Food is the Solution. Not the Problem."