Dr. Barnstuble enjoys caring for patients of all ages from delivering babies (including C-sections) to advanced ages.
Dr. Barnstuble was raised in Alexandria, graduated from high school in Fargo, and received his Medical Degree from University of North Dakota and his residency at the University of Nebraska. Prior to joining SCMC, he practiced medicine in the United States Air Force.
Dr. Barnstuble says, "Not every doctor is the same. While it is true that every person who graduates medical school is a doctor there are vast differences between specialties and within specialties. There are many family physicians out there but there are less and less family physicians that practice broadly. I take pride in being a rural family physician that cares for families from birth to end of life. I am blessed to live in Morris with my wife, Ingrid, and three daughters. They are the light of my life."
- 2011-2012: Obstetrical Fellowship. Altru Hospital, Grand Forks, ND
- 2004-2007: Family Medicine Residency. University of Nebraska
- 2000-2004: Medical School. University of North Dakota School of Medicine
- 1999-2000: Graduate School in Biomedical Engineering. University of Minnesota
- 1994-1999: Undergraduate School in Chemistry. University of Minnesota
- 2012-Present: Stevens Community Medical Center
- 2011-2012: Obstetrical Fellow at Altru Hospital
- 2007-Present: Attending Physician in various rural emergency rooms
- 2007-2011: Family Medicine Teaching Faculty. US Air Force/University of Nebraska
- 2008-2009: Attending Physician. Zabul, Afghanistan in Operation Enduring Freedom
- Maternity care including routine and complicated obstetrics including cesarean sections/postpartum tubal ligations.
- Women’s health including management of abnormal pap smears and further treatments
- Newborn care
- Colon cancer screening/surveillance with colonoscopy
- Upper endoscopy to take a closer look at the stomach if indicated
- Family planning including contraception, intrauterine device insertion, and vasectomies
- Skin evaluations/treatments including removal of worrisome lesions and spider vein treatments
- Heart evaluations with cardiac stress testing if indicated
- Only active Obstetric Fellowship trained provider in the local area
- Teaching Faculty of the year in 2011 at the University of Nebraska
- Resident of the year at the University of Nebraska (this is out of hundreds of resident doctors)
- Top resident in my training class every year
- Top 1% in national examination board scores from my 1st year of medical school to my current practice
- Top 10% of my medical school class
- Finishing a Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering in 1.5 years
- Graduating as a Distinguished Graduate from the University of Minnesota